Be friendly, be chill. Welcome!

Update 2/22/17. Living the Dream is open to the public once again!! Happy fifth anniversary to Living the Dream, and welcome to everyone (and welcome back you oldies)! <3 Want to get in on our new OOC & IC action? Click here to read more!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
City Guide of Alto Mare (Setting) -
Plot Page + Tracker
[Image: LtDSig.png]

If you see me online but I'm not chatting, I'm probably just lurking on my phone!
Feel free to send me a PM if you need me for something! <3

I. Welcome
  • Welcome to Pokemon's version of Venice! Known for their beautiful architecture, canals of emerald green water, a rich history and the annual water chariot race, The Tour de Alto Mare. The lovely city of Alto Mare makes for a peaceful home and popular tourist destination, easy to reach from other regions by boat or plane. It is located to the southwest of Johto and to the southeast of Hoenn.
Plot Page + Tracker

If you see me online but I'm not chatting, I'm probably just lurking on my phone!

II. Island Geography
  • The island of Alto Mare is mostly in the lowlands, at sea level. The northernmost section of the island has rolling hills and is forested, home to some forest Pokemon. A single, low mountain, Mount Alto, rises above the rest of hills. It is not a full sized mountain, but neither can it be classified as a hill. Several peninsulas jut out around the island, almost giving the appearance of a star. The climate is tropical for most of the year, typically between 70 and 90 degrees F (21 and 32 degrees C) rarely dropping below 40 degrees F (4 degrees C). The winter months (October to February) are considered a rainy season. The summer months (March to September) can have tropical storms, but are generally warmer and have more sun.
Plot Page + Tracker

III. City Layout
  • The City is in a half-moon shape, taking up all of the southern coast of the island and creating almost a triangle going inland. The most common mode of travel around town is by gondola, speedboat, and occasionally water Pokemon in the canals. Otherwise, mossy cobblestone streets, foot bridges, and thin, numerous alleyways are reliable ways to get around, if you don't get lost.The city is divided into four main districts: the northern Landside district, the eastern Construct district, the western Merchant district, and the southern Seaside district. Each district has its own notable features for which it is known for, denoted by its name. The Seaside district is the more affluent district, while Landside is the less affluent side. Construct and Merchant are of the middle class. People live in all districts.

[Image: AMoverview_zps1c6644e6.png]
Island of Alto Mare, city marked by the star

[Image: AMsections_zps7097baed.png]
Division of the Island
(red = city limits; green = Isle Forest; gold/yellow = Mare of Hills; grey = Mount Alto; everywhere else = Coastline)
Plot Page + Tracker

IV. Pokemon Found on Alto Mare

When searching for a wild Pokemon, the Pokemon that appears is up to the discretion of your moderator. You may request which Pokemon, but you may not receive it immediately, especially if you request an evolved Pokemon, a shiny, or a rarer species.

Most evolutions of the species listed below can also be found and captured on Alto Mare.

This list only applies to the island of Alto Mare - all other Pokemon can be found in their respective regions on the site.

Note: Pokemon are listed in order from common (easily found) to rare [left to right].

In the City

[Image: qjWwgjS.png] [Image: UmKNVlK.png] [Image: cPLjt49.png] [Image: 882y3fP.png]  [Image: Ux9NJ62.png] [Image: dmftntw.png] [Image: muejHYo.png] [Image: Jr2y37l.png]

Pidgey, Wooper, Wingull, Yanma, Quagsire, Remoraid, Chinchou, Murkrow

On the Island

Forest & Plains

[Image: HXFZfCp.png] [Image: ySPAr9r.png] [Image: 4LE71LN.png] [Image: 9NE2HnR.png] [Image: EmurKUV.png] [Image: 7zyjuee.png]  [Image: vnhPqdM.png] [Image: D5qM4DX.png] [Image: NvCLaQ7.png]

Rattata, Zigzagoon, Caterpie, Weedle, Nidoran (male & female), Meowth, Rhyhorn, Ponyta

Surrounding Ocean & Coastline

[Image: Spr_5b_129_m.png] [Image: Spr_5b_098.png] [Image: Spr_5b_090.png] [Image: Spr_5b_458.png] [Image: Spr_5b_116.png] [Image: Spr_5b_086.png] [Image: Spr_4d_130_m.png] [Image: Spr_5b_120.png] [Image: Spr_5b_353.png]

Magikarp, Krabby, Shellder, Mantyke, Horsea, Seel, Gyrados, Staryu, Shuppet

Mountain & Caves

[Image: Spr_5b_041_m.png] [Image: Spr_4h_074.png] [Image: Spr_4d_304.png] [Image: Spr_5b_092.png] [Image: Spr_4d_302.png]

Zubat, Geodude, Aron, Gastly, Sableye

All sprites credit to Bulbapedia, copyright to Nintendo and Game Freak. These are not owned by staff or Living the Dream RPG.
Plot Page + Tracker

V. Industry
  • Common industries of Alto Mare include gondola building, tourism, woodworking, manufacturing, ferry operations, and fishing.Scientific research is also common here, especially in the marine sciences (including marine Pokemon) and studies of marine technology. The study of Legendary Pokemon, inspired by Latios and Latias and the rich history of Alto Mare, is also quite prevalent here.
Plot Page + Tracker

VI. Legend of Alto Mare
  • The legend that defines Alto Mare is that of their guardian Pokemon: Latios and Latias. These two Pokemon are said to be living within Alto Mare, but have never been seen. Many years ago, it is said that an evil trainer came to the town and terrorized its people with a Kabutops and an Aerodactyl. To stop him and save the town, Latios sacrificed its life to bring water to the town, drowning the trainer and his Pokemon, and creating the canal system we have today. However, this took all of his energy, and he became a jewel called the Soul Dew, which, in its hidden location, keeps the water and peace in the town. The people created a machine called the Defense Mechanism of Alto Mare (commonly known as the DMA) to protect the town in case of another disaster. The Soul Dew, and the power of Latios and Latias are needed to use it, but all of the water would leave the town and return to flood it. Therefore, this defense must only be used in times of greatest need.
Plot Page + Tracker