Be friendly, be chill. Welcome!

Update 2/22/17. Living the Dream is open to the public once again!! Happy fifth anniversary to Living the Dream, and welcome to everyone (and welcome back you oldies)! <3 Want to get in on our new OOC & IC action? Click here to read more!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rulebook -
I. General Rules
  • We're a PG-13 board (2-2-2 on RPG rating scale) - please stick to this rating in your OOC and IC activities on the board.
  • We are an account per player site, meaning you have one account (your OOC/c-box name) for all of your characters. There are no character limits.
  • No flaming or spamming other members via the shoutbox, PM, or otherwise.
  • Please keep advertising to the specified forum. You are allowed unobtrusive links or images for other sites or other things in your signature. Subject to staff approval (following graphics rule).
  • There is no word count. We're here to enjoy writing our characters with each other, so write what you're comfortable with. Partner communication regarding RP preferences is encouraged for best results!
  • Expected activity: No pressure. Just let us know if you're going to be gone!
  • Graphics: Avatars are 100 x 100 pixels, signatures should not stretch the site.
  • Living the Dream is an inclusive and welcoming forum. Bigotry, racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, etc, will not be tolerated. Rude characters may exist, but rude forum members are not welcome (please remember to be courteous if your RP partner has concerns about a thread). Staff will do their best to address such issue swiftly as they arise. If we are not online or if you have any concerns or issues, please do not hesitate to contact us.

II. Character & RP Rules
  • You must have a character accepted before you can RP. (Excluding demo characters - please read here for more info.) All characters, from trainers to civilians to Pokemon, are all accepted. So long as it fits into the Pokemon universe, it will be accepted.
  • Players who have claimed a canon character must make at least one post a month with the character keep their claim on that canon. This will be checked periodically by the staff. See more info in the About Canons page.
  • All gender and sexuality expressions are welcome.
  • Use proper grammar and spelling to the best of your ability.
  • No powerplaying/metagaming (making your character/their Pokemon unrealistically invincible or all-powerful).
  • No puppetmastering/god modding (taking control of another player's character or Pokemon) without permission.
  • Liquidtime (playing in multiple threads taking place in different times) is accepted and encouraged! Just keep your timeline straight.
  • All kinds of portrayers (aka play-bys, face claims, faces) are allowed - celebrity, anime, none, etc. Totally up to you. Using pictures of yourself or non-celebrity people (MySpace, etc) is not permitted.
  • Living the Dream is a stat-less Pokemon RPG. That means no word counts for experience or anything like that. Use common sense, expect things to take time, and ask questions if you're unsure. Consult our statless guide for more info.
  • Your character may start with as many Pokemon as you like, just make sure it is realistic for their circumstances. If your character is rich, for example, and their parents hired breeders and trainers, they may have lots of Pokemon with minimal effort. If your character started Pokemon training last week, they probably won't have a ton of Pokemon. Basically, as long as you can explain it in-character, and use common sense, almost anything goes.
  • Be realistic in battles. If your Pokemon uses Earthquake, then there will be a physical earthquake in the surrounding areas. However, gore and blood will be kept to a minimum in order to maintain a canon environment.
  • Honor system battling is in effect here. Be realistic in-character. You can decide ahead of time who will win a battle, or, if all else fails, you may ask a nonparticipating member or staff member to judge. The same applies for Pokemon Contests.

III. Pokemon Rules:
  • Legendary Pokemon are not to be owned by any trainer, unless it is for approved plot purposes. Like the movies and anime, legendaries are not always seen, not thought to exist in some cases, and never caught. They are available as playable characters.
  • Pokemon moves are generally taken from the most recent generation of games. Pokemon may know or learn moves from earlier generations within reason, and will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
  • TM moves are accepted on a case-by-case basis by a staff member upon application review.
  • Pre-made Pokemon may only have 2 Egg or Tutor moves, and wild Pokemon characters may only have 2 Egg moves max to start out with.
  • Shiny Pokemon are allowed, but are uncommon. You may start with no more than two shiny Pokemon as pre-mades.
  • Your Pokemon may use any abilities it has (not including Dream World abilities). For an explanation of what the Ability might look like, refer to Bulbapedia or Serebii.net. However, they may only have one ability.
  • Pokemon Speech: Your character may understand as much or as little as you like. It's up to your preference. (Ask others prior to threading for clearest communication.)
Plot Page + Tracker
[Image: LtDSig.png]

If you see me online but I'm not chatting, I'm probably just lurking on my phone!
Feel free to send me a PM if you need me for something! <3